Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC
Comcast Ecobill® Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
THIS SWEEPSTAKES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Comcast Ecobill® Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open to all legal residents of the continental United States who are at least 18 years of age, or age of majority in their respective state. Employees (and their immediate families) of Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC (“Sponsor”) and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, The A Team L.L.C. (“Administrator”), Universal Orlando® Resort (“Prize Provider”) and persons living in the same household as such employees are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes begins on June 1, 2012 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends on July 30, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter. (1) Visit www.comcast.com/ecobillsweepstakes, click the sign up button, log in to your Comcast account, and follow the registration flow to sign up for Ecobill® and to enter the sweepstakes; or (2) mail a 3”x5” card handwritten with your first and last name, street address, city, state, zip, daytime telephone, and email address, with first class postage affixed, to: Comcast Ecobill® Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 1347, Maryland Heights, MO 63043. All mailed entries must be postmarked by July 30, 2012 and received by August 13, 2012. Limit one entry per person, per household regardless of method of entry. Proof of delivery is not proof of receipt. Sponsor’s database computer is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. No entries will be acknowledged or returned.
3. SELECTION OF PRIZE WINNERS (5): Five (5) Prize Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about August 27, 2012 from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawings will be conducted by Administrator, an independent organization, whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by email on or before August 31, 2012. Each winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release within 10 days of notification or the prize may be forfeited and awarded to another randomly selected winner. If a winner cannot be located or does not respond within 10 days, the prize will automatically be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Odds of winning in any day’s drawing depend on the number of eligible entries received for that day’s drawing.
4. PRIZES (5): There will be five (5) Prizes (“Prizes”) awarded. Prize winners (“Winners”) will receive a four (4) day, three (3) night trip for Winner and up to three (3) guests (“Guest(s)”) to Universal Orlando® Resort in Orlando, Florida. Trip will include round trip coach class air transportation for Winner and up to three (3) Guests from a major commercial airport near Winner’s home (as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) to Orlando, FL*; three (3) consecutive nights standard hotel accommodation (one room, quadruple occupancy, room and tax only) at the Hard Rock Hotel (or another on-site hotel as determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion); non-exclusive ground transportation to and from airport and hotel in Orlando, FL*; 3 Park Unlimited Passes for Winner and up to three (3) Guests for Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure and Wet ‘n Wild; and tickets for one (1) Blue Man Group show (exact date and time to be determined by Prize Provider in their sole discretion) for Winner and up to three (3) Guests. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Trip is three thousand seven hundred and fifty-seven dollars and seventy-one cents ($3,757.71). If Winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her Prize with fewer than thee (3) guests or no Guest, the Prize will be awarded to Winner and each participating Guest and any remainder of the Prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time, and no changes will be permitted after confirmation of any redemption. If Winner is between the ages of eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21), he/she must be accompanied by an adult of at least twenty-one (21) years of age in order to check into the on-site hotel. Specific travel dates and arrangements are subject to air travel, holiday, blackout dates, and other prize and travel restrictions. Trip must be completed within one (1) year from the end-date of the Promotion or Prize will be forfeited. Reservations are subject to availability. Trip must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended departure date. Travel dates are subject to Prize Provider and Sponsor approval. ARV of Prize may vary depending upon the points of departure, ground transportation, and/or airline fare fluctuations; any difference between stated ARV and final ARV of Prize will not be awarded. Prize consists only of the elements expressly set forth above; no other elements or expenses (including, without limitation, insurance, meals, unspecified ground transportation, phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, gasoline, etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner is responsible for any air travel taxes and/or expenses, including applicable departure taxes or fees, inspection charges, and security charges. Once issued, tickets are nontransferable and may not be reissued once travel has commenced. Open tickets may not be issued and stopovers are not permitted. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider. All Prize elements must be redeemed at the same time..
* For a winner who is a Florida resident, air transportation may be substituted with another method of transportation by Prize Provider in its sole discretion.
Prize Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and for hotel, hospitality and airport taxes, as well as telephone charges, meals, beverages, gratuities, ground transportation to/from their local major airport and any other costs or expenses not specifically set forth herein. Travel companions of Prize Winners must travel with Prize Winners on the same travel itinerary. Travel companions of the Prize Winners must sign a Travel Companion Release document. Prize Winners and travel companions are solely responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) where applicable, at their option, and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor and Prize Provider have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Prize Winners will be required to present a valid credit card upon hotel check-in to cover incidental expenses incurred during stay. All travelers must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid government issued photo I.D.) prior to departure. All travel will be booked in the full legal name of the winner and travel companions as stated on each of the travelers’ valid government issued photo I.Ds. Any difference between the actual value of any prize and the approximate retail value set forth in these official rules may not be claimed and will not be awarded. Prize Winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the approximate retail value of the prize. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Entering the Sweepstakes and accepting the Prize constitutes permission to use the name and likeness of the Prize Winner for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. MISCELLANEOUS: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed, or similar entry duplication method and all entries that have been tampered with or altered, mass entries, photocopies or reproductions. No responsibility is assumed for any (a) telephone, computer, hardware, software, programming or network malfunction or other technical failures or errors, or the failure to properly process entries; (b) communication disruption or other forces beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor or Administrator, including but not limited to disruption related to internet traffic, virus, bug or non-authorized intervention; or (c) damage caused by computer virus or otherwise resulting to any computer from such person’s participation in the Sweepstakes whether human, mechanical or electronic. If any such malfunction, error, disruption or similar damage occurs and impairs the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Promotion, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes by posting a notice on www.comcast.com. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the end date, winners will be selected in a fair and equitable manner, as determined by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received that were unaffected by the problem. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or who are reasonably suspected to be causing malfunction, error, disruption, or damage will be disqualified. Entries that contain errors, or are incomplete or are illegible, will not be accepted. Sponsor, Acxiom Digital and Administrator are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, or postage due entries.
By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Provider and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees and advertising, promotional and judging agencies (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prize won. You also agree that he Released Parties are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to the Sweepstakes and/or the awarding of any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light), except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. You further agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-ofpocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Entering the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to use the name and likeness of the prize winner for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. WINNER REQUEST: For the names of the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Comcast Ecobill® Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 3894 Grand Central Station, New York, NY 10163. Requests must be received no later than September 13, 2012.
7. CONSTRUCTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Pennsylvania. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
8. REMOVAL FROM MAILING LIST: To prevent Sponsor from mailing you information regarding future sweepstakes or contests being conducted by Sponsor, send a written removal request, specifying the name and address you are requesting to have removed from the mailing list, to Comcast Ecobill® Sweepstakes, C/O Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC, Attention: Lifecycle Marketing, 1 Comcast Center, 1701 JFK Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838. Sponsor has sixty (60) days to process your request after receipt.
Sponsor: Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC 1 Comcast Center, 1701 JFK Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838
Administrator: The A Team L.L.C., 232 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10016
Prize Provider: Universal Orlando® Resort, 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819