Comcast Celebrates Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month with 200+ Entertainment Choices On Demand
Asian-Pacific American Programming Includes Films, Documentaries and Specials
Comcast is celebrating Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month with more than 200 entertainment choices On Demand that highlight Asian-Pacific American culture and contributions. Throughout the month of May, Xfinity digital video customers can access films and documentaries recognizing Asian American historical figures, filmmakers, actors, and artists from Comcast’s Cinema Asian America On Demand, along with specials on culture, travel, music, sports and food.
“This Xfinity On Demand offering celebrates the generations of Asians and Pacific Islanders, who have enriched America’s culture,” said Diana Kerekes, Vice President, Xfinity On Demand. “Our goal is to continue to bring this type of quality content and to offer entertainment choices that reflect the diverse interests of our customers.”
Comcast’s Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month programming highlights On Demand include:
- Films, Documentaries and Specials:
- Patsy Mink: Ahead of the Majority – A documentary about Patsy Mink, who redefined American politics by becoming the first woman of color elected to Congress and authoring Title IX legislation.
- Of Civil Wrongs and Rights: The Fred Korematsu Story – The story of an unsung civil rights hero, Fred Korematsu, who demonstrated the power of plain citizens to rise up against injustice.
- Margaret Cho: Beautiful – Margaret Cho explores the good, bad and ugly in beauty and the politicians and marketers who shape our world.
- East of Main Street: Asians Aloud – This documentary explores the perspectives and lives of not only Asians who left their lives half a world away to come to the US, but also those who have always called America home, featuring topics from religion and politics to cultural and ethnic identity.
- The Great Wall – Take a trip back more than 2,000 years, when emperors began constructing the defensive walls that would one day become Great Wall of China.
- Music and Sports:
- Music – Music videos and concerts featuring top Asian artists such as 2NE1, Big Bang, Kara, Se7en, SHINee and Wonder Girls.
- Inside Sumo – A documentary that looks at the closed world of Sumo wrestling.
- Pacquiao vs. Diaz – Watch the “Fighting Pride of the Philippines” in his past fight against David Diaz.
- Culture, Activities, Kids and Food Programming:
- Activities and Kids Programming – Kids and families can learn how to draw Japanese comic and print cartoons, as well as catch up on the latest anime dramas and comedies, such as Devil May Cry and Sengoku Basara.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations – Anthony Bourdain defines the international cultural landscapes of: Cambodia, China, India, Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Cooking – Specials that feature recipes from The Cooking Channel and The Food Network.
This offering joins Comcast’s Cinema Asian America, an On Demand destination launched last year that features films that reflect the diversity and depth of the Asian-Pacific American cultures and its cinema. Comcast Cinema Asian America On Demand gives Xfinity digital video customers access to classics, award-winning movies featured on the film festival circuit, and short-and feature-length works with genres ranging from documentary to experimental. Comcast has had a longstanding commitment to diversity since its founding nearly 50 years ago and focuses its efforts in four key areas: attracting and retaining a multicultural workforce, developing a diverse supplier group, offering a wide selection of multicultural programming and pledging significant community investments.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.